By Maggie Lee
Tuesday is election day in what will almost certainly be two rounds of Atlanta and Fulton county polling. Find links to your sample ballot, your polling place and candidate lists here.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. in Atlanta (the parts in both Fulton and DeKalb.)
Every Atlantan will see at least 21 questions:
- City Council president
- Fulton County Commission chair
- Three at-large City Council seats (one is uncontested)
- Three at-large Atlanta Board of Education seats (one is uncontested)
- A district City Council seat
- A district Board of Education seat
- Retention of 10 municipal judges
- Parts of Downtown and west Atlanta will also vote for a Fulton County Commission District 4.
See a list of city of Atlanta candidates
See a list of candidates in Fulton County and other Fulton cities
Check out coverage by SaportaReport, a City Council district map, plus links to candidate videos and other coverage on SR’s elections homepage
Atlanta Municipal Clerk Rhonda Dauphin-Johnson told City Council on Monday that the election hotline number will be open and staffed all day.
She also said voters should review their ballot before leaving the voting booth.
“If you see something that is not as you intended it to be, do not leave the voting booth, do not cast your ballot. Raise your hand or call out for a poll worker to come to assist you and explain what the problem is. You want your vote to count and if you leave the ballot, if you go ahead and cast your vote, you cannot revote,” Dauphin-Johnson said at City Council.