Georgia Rises Up with New Sports, Technology and Higher Education Rankings
Photo above provided by Metro Atlanta Chamber via the ATL Brand Box.
Super Bowl LIII recently brought international attention to Atlanta. Many saw our region thrive in showcasing our welcoming community, unmatched culture and status as a tech hub. At Mercedes-Benz Stadium and elsewhere, sports fans found out why #AtlantaIsNow. For others new to Atlanta and Georgia, we want to help tell our story.
The Metro Atlanta Chamber Research team recently updated 2018 rankings for Atlanta and Georgia. See below for some of the noteworthy new additions to these lists that reveal why our region is at the forefront in sports, technology, startups, education and more.
- Atlanta United’s continued success created the need for a new Major League Soccer section with eight top-ten rankings:
- #1 Major League Soccer Team (MLS Soccer Cup, Current Champions, 2018)
- #1 Most Valuable Major League Soccer Team (Forbes, 2018)
- #1 City for Major League Soccer Attendance (SoccerStadiumDigest, 2018)
- Several additional technology and startup rankings:
- #5 Metro Area for Quantity of Elite Tech Talent (Forrester, 2018)
- One of the Top Rising Cities for Startups (Forbes, 2018)
- Over 80 additions to the higher education rankings:
- Spelman College is #1 for Mathematics & Statistics Bachelor’s Degrees Awarded to African Americans (Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 2018)
- Emory University is #1 for Best Quality of Life (Princeton Review, 2018)
- Georgia State University is the #1 Best Value Law School (National Jurist, 2018)
- And continued success for the state of Georgia:
- One of the Top 50 Best Places to Travel in 2019 (in the world) (Travel + Leisure, 2018)
- #1 State for Doing Business (for the fifth consecutive year) (Area Development, 2018)
- #1 State for Business Climate (for the sixth consecutive year) (Site Selection, 2018)
Additionally, the Research Team conducted a top employers survey from October 2018-January 2019 to determine which employers have the largest total full-time equivalent (FTE) headcounts of all locations across the 29-county metro Atlanta area (Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Meriwether, Morgan, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, Walton counties). More information on the methodology can be found here.
See below for the current top 10 employers for the region:
The Metro Atlanta Chamber’s free resource, the ATL Brand Box, is another source for photos, videos, quotes and more rankings on the region.
For more information on these rankings and others, please reach out to Madi Shields.