About Home Mortgages
A conversation about the mortgage environment of the Southeast, hosted by Southeast Mortgage of Georgia.
Sign up for the SaportaReport Newsletter!
Thought Leadership Sites
The opinions and views expressed on this Thought Leadership page is solely that of the organization sponsoring this page and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the editorial staff of SaportaReport.
- Atlanta on The November Cal-Culator Offers a Bit of Relief for Atlanta Housing Industry
- Atlanta on The October Cal-Culator Reflects a Month of Housing Decline
- Why FHA Loans Are Especially Smart in Atlanta on Atlanta housing market among others with leap of improvement
- Mortgage Interest Tax Deduction Survives Fiscal Cliff | Home Mortgages on The Debate Over the Mortgage Interest Tax Deduction
- Four Influences on the Housing Market in 2012 – Cal Haupt « Southeast Mortgage of Georgia, Inc. on Now’s the Time for First-Time Homebuyers
Tag Archives: legislature
Just this week a federal judge sentenced a former Auburn attorney to nearly four years in prison for mortgage fraud. James Boyd Douglas Jr. handled mortgage refinancings and real estate closings and was found guilty of embezzling $2.3 million from clients. …
For more than 35 years, two federal laws (the Truth in Lending Act or “TILA,” and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act or “RESPA”) have required lenders and settlement agents to give consumers who take out a mortgage loan separate …
The mortgage industry has undergone many significant changes as a result of the financial crisis. One of the less known pending changes is about to take its final form and in its current draft Basel III will increase consumer costs and …
If you want to be a hair stylist in the state of Georgia, you have to graduate from a cosmetology school or complete an apprenticeship program, take and pass an exam, pay fees and complete five hours of education every …
You’ve heard the saying – “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t.” That certainly holds true in the mortgage industry, where instances of fraud are increasing and it’s not just the lenders who are being hurt …
While most of us have never had the unpleasant experience of sitting in a police interrogation room, fans of crime TV shows like me will recognize this scenario. “I’ve already told you what I witnessed on the night of October …
The mortgage industry has had to deal with so much new legislation on the federal level lately. We’d prefer to just be able to do our jobs without dealing with the consequences of new laws. Fortunately, on the state level, …