Atlanta named top 10 market to watch in 2020
By: Marvin Chapman, Marcus & Millichap and Ellen Garland, Silver Studio Architects, ULI Atlanta Programs Committee
With looming talks of another recession on the rise, equity and affordability, Atlanta’s continued growth, and technology’s impact, where are you placing your bets for real estate in 2020?
Back in September, the Urban Land Institute and PwC released its highly anticipated Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2020 report. This top real estate industry publication is compiled from interviews and surveys from real estate, development, and financial services professionals across the country and provides an outlook on investment and development trends, finance and capital markets, property sectors, metropolitan areas, and other real estate topics. While the report focuses on national trends, there are key focus areas for the Atlanta market.
- Atlanta dubbed a top 10 market for 2020. What are the factors contributing to this status and will they continue beyond 2020?
- How much runway is left in the present economic expansion and how do investors prepare for an eventual downturn?
- How do developers handle annual increases in construction and land costs? Do Federal Opportunity Zones provide a solution?
- In a market driven by rising apartment rents, how do investors and developers create a growing market for housing affordability?
- Will “hipsturbia” provide an alternative to the rising costs and rents of the urban core housing market?
If you’re interested in learning more about how these issues are impacting Atlanta’s real estate industry, investment prospects, and ranking in overall markets to watch, please join ULI Atlanta on October 30th from 8:00 am to 10:30 am at City Winery by Ponce City Market. The morning’s event will kick off with a keynote presentation by PwC’s Andy Warren and end with an all-star real estate panel featuring ULI’s Global CEO, Ed Walter, who will tease out what these insights mean for Atlanta. To attend this event, please register here.
This event is part of a quarterly series hosted by ULI Atlanta which gives special attention to ULI’s core mission to provide leadership on the responsible use of land and create sustaining and thriving communities here in the metro Atlanta region. Thank you to the sponsors of this event – Site Solutions, PES Structural Engineers, and Silver Studio Architects for supporting our mission.