By ULI Atlanta
During the month of March, ULI joins the nation in celebrating the achievements women have made over the course of history — by amplifying women’s profound impact in the real estate and land use industries.
ULI has made a global mission commitment to pursuing unrelenting efforts to shape the built environment toward diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities and by acknowledging the historical importance and influence of women in the industry, we are building a foundation for the next generation of women leaders in real estate to stand higher on.
The Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) is an important forum within ULI launched 10 years ago. In those 10 years, it has done some amazing work – and Atlanta has been at the forefront of pioneering programs like The Leaders.
In 2020, ULI Atlanta’s WLI set out to launch “The Leaders” with the goal to increase the presence of women in the real estate and land use industry in leadership positions, board rooms and as speakers at industry conferences. The intention was to celebrate women who make extraordinary contributions to the built environment throughout the Atlanta region.
The Leaders has grown to a list of women that are 70 strong, and we are now looking for nominations for our 2023 cohort.
Please consider supporting a female colleague, peer, or friend by nominating her for this accolade today!
Nominations and Selection Process:
- Nominations will be open between March 8 and April 10, 2023. The process is described below:
- Anyone can submit a nomination.
- Nominees will be asked to submit an official application for The Leaders between April – June.
- The Leaders will be selected by a committee of ULI member leaders who will meet to consider nominations and make final selections; and
- The final selection of nominees will be by the beginning of September.
Strong Nominees will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 15 years of work experience.
- Be located within the ULI Atlanta District Council, which serves Georgia and Eastern Tennessee.
- Have a dedication and commitment to the success of the Atlanta region.
- Contributed significant impacts and influence on the built environment through both personal and professional accomplishments.
- Contributed to positive community impact through volunteer service outside of work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership in inspiring others in the real estate and land use industry.
About ULI Atlanta:
ULI Atlanta is a District Council of the Urban Land Institute (ULI). As the preeminent, multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI is a nonprofit education and research group supported by its diverse, expert membership base. Our mission is to “Shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide.” ULI Atlanta has over 1,400 members throughout the Atlanta region and our broader geography which includes the entire state of Georgia and eastern Tennessee. ULI Atlanta is one of the largest and most active District Councils in the United States.
Leave a comment