READY FOR MORE? MARTA WANTS TO KNOW
MARTA Riders Encouraged to Provide Feedback on Proposed More MARTA Atlanta Projects
More MARTA Atlanta, a partnership between MARTA and the City of Atlanta, is blitzing the city to make a final push to engage and hear from MARTA riders regarding the More MARTA Atlanta proposed project list.
On Wednesday, Aug. 22 from 2 – 6 p.m., More MARTA Atlanta representatives will canvass select MARTA stations across the city to share program information and – most importantly – to hear from MARTA riders about what they want from the More MARTA Atlanta program. With plans to have information stations at Five Points, Midtown, Georgia State, West End, Lenox and Inman Park, MARTA riders will have the opportunity to review the list of 17 proposed More MARTA Atlanta projects and complete the stakeholder feedback survey.
Public input has been central to the More MARTA Atlanta program since its inception. “Ongoing community engagement and input is critical in steering the More MARTA Atlanta program in the right direction,” said MARTA General Manager and CEO Jeffrey Parker. “As we take a comprehensive look at possible project options, it’s critical that we hear from all of our valued stakeholders and evaluate their input as we chart the course ahead for this important program. It’s good to hear what the citizens and the community believe should be the priorities.”
At A Glance: More MARTA Atlanta
- The More MARTA Atlanta Blitz will take place Wednesday, August 22, 2 – 6 p.m. with plans for information stations at the Five Points, Midtown, Georgia State, West End, Lenox and Inman Park stations.
- More MARTA is a partnership between the City of Atlanta and MARTA
- Overwhelmingly approved by City of Atlanta voters in 2016
- Total transit investment of $2.5 billion over the next 40 years
- Expands transit service to connect 126 communities within the City of Atlanta
- Expands access to job and educational opportunities
- Enhances independence for seniors and individuals with disabilities
- Improves the overall quality of life in the City of Atlanta